Ultrafiltration is a perfect method of clarifying the underground water mainly in the process of removing small particles, colloids and microorganisms.
Ultrafiltration provides the following advantages:
- UF membranes filter out colloid substances, ion and non-ion organic substances depending on membrane's permeability, and let pass the ion non-organic substances through.
In the process of ultrafiltration high-molecular coloured substances, turbidity and organic compounds are are also removed.
- Uf membranes efficiently filter out protozoans, bacteria and viruses, thanks to which no additional disinfection of purified water is required.
- The combination of activated carbon-based pre-filter with hollow fibre membrane creates a perfect barrier against bacteria.
- Disinfection by the use of chlorine leads to the creation of carcinogenic trihalomethanes (THM) and UF membrane is able to remove 50% of these.
- There is no need to use chemical substances, coagulants, flocculents or any other disinfecting substances that affect water pH.
- Sieve-like filtrating mechanism.
- Optimal quality of treated water in terms of its microbiological composition and turbidity regardless of raw water quality.
- Effective membrane flushing (especially in the "dead and flow" system) allowing to reach high levels of filtration ratio
- Low energy consumption during filtration due to low operating pressure.
- Simple and functional installation and automatisation.
The UF system is equipped with a controller, which automatically carries out backwash and fast rinse cycles. One can easily set the frequency and time of particular flushes. Addtionally, when there is a significant decrease in filtration capacity resulting from low quality of feed water, it is possible to enforce backwash and fast rinse in order to regain the previous filtration capacity.
UF system includes two membranes 4040 with pore diameter 0,01μm.
Max. Operating pressure - 6 Bar
Max. Transmembrane pressure - 2 Bar
Max. Operating temperature - 40 ºC